For students planning to graduate this Spring 22 semester, follow the steps below. [If you do not plan to attend commencement or are graduating in Summer, skip steps 3 & 6.]
- Indicate your intent to graduate (by April 1, 2022)– You will indicate your intent to graduate through your Student Center. Visit the Student Center’s instruction page.
- Inform the department that you are leaving the program by completing the Departure Form.
- (only if you plan to attend commencement) Rent your cap and gown (by April 16,2022).
- Request your warrant (4 weeks ahead or by April 15, 2022) – Forms are available online – PhD, and MA-FR. Once it has been completely filled out and signed by your advisor, upload it to the Box Submission Folder.
- Follow the Graduate School’s Guides for Completing Degrees:
- (optional) Attend commencement (PhD- May 13, 2022).
- Complete the Checklist for Graduate Students Before Leaving Campus.
- Add/update address for diploma mailing. International students must provide a diploma address in order for your diploma to be mailed. Domestic students need to provide a diploma address if you want your diploma mailed to an address different than your home address. Tutorial
- (optional) If you need documentation of your degree before you receive your diploma, request a Degree Completion Letter. Be sure to follow the instructions for graduate students.
- Keep in touch!