The Mathematics Masters of Arts – Foundations for Research (MA-FR) is a 30 credit masters degree for students pursuing a PhD on campus. We accept applications for the MA-FR every semester.
- Review MA-FR degree requirements in Guide.
- Plan your courses on the Masters Degree Form.
- Schedule an advising appointment with the Director of Graduate Studies.
- Prior to the last semester of completing the MA-FR degree requirements, submit the Add Program form. Upload your final Masters Degree Form as extra materials. (This form can be submitted without signatures.)
- If you are pursuing a second masters in addition to the Math MA-FR, you are obtaining Double Degrees. Note that you can have no more than a 25% credit overlap between the two Masters degrees, based on the lower credit requirement of the two programs. There is no overlap restriction between one Masters degree and one PhD degree.
- Funding is not guaranteed, but you are eligible to apply to be a Teaching Assistant (TA) in the Math Department.
- Students from professional programs may not be enrolled in two degree programs at one time. You have the option to apply to start this program upon completion of your current program.