Information for Graduating MA Students

For students planning to graduate this Spring 22 semester, follow the steps below. 

This section is only for International students who have been admitted to another academic program in the U.S. 

Change of Level

If you have been admitted to a Ph.D. program at UW-Madison, you will need to submit a Change of Level request through Terra Dotta to update your I20 from Master’s program to the Doctoral program. You can submit your request as early as you are admitted. ISS office will wait until your finish your master’s degree to process your request and issue you a new I20 with new program information.

In Terra Dotta, there will be an item asking you to send the verification request to the admitting unit or the department, please type in Kathie Brohaugh and her email address Upon receiving your request, Kathie will verify that you have been admitted.

More information about Change of Level is available here .

Transfer Out SEVIS

If you have been admitted to another university in the U.S., you will need to transfer your SEVIS ID to your new school. Please follow the instructions provided by ISS to complete the process.