The VISP/MA-FAS Scholarship is designed to provide financial support to exceptional students pursuing their second year of study in the Master of Arts- Foundation of Advanced Studies Program in the Department of Mathematics.
The scholarship is merit-based. The scholarship is $5000 per award. The number of awards is typically about 10% of the total population of first-year(or first semester if start in spring) VISP students plus the first-year(or first semester if start in spring) direct admit (non-VISP) MA students. The scholarship will be used to reduce the tuition for the second/final year of the MA-FAS program.
Who is considered for this award:
• First-year(or first semester if start in spring) VISP students and first-year(or first semester if start in spring) direct-admit MA students in good academic standing with a minimum of 3.0 GPA;
• The VISP-MA committee identifies the top 20% of eligible students based on GPA in the first year/semester of either the VISP program or the MA-FAS program in late May;
• The Program coordinator notify initially selected students and ask if they would like to suggest a faculty member for a brief letter of support;
• The Program Coordinator sends letter requests based on student responses (or committee suggestions if there isn’t one)
• The VISP-MA committee decides on the recipients in summer.